Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- Carbon Monoxide can be produced by ANY fuel that burns, including coal, turf, oil, gas and wood.
- Service fuel burning appliances and have chimneys swept annuall
- Install an audible carbon monoxide alarm in your home.
Carbon monoxide is also a concern in leisure settings: Even when you’re away from home, remember that anything that burns fuel – kerosene heaters, engines, stoves, generators, barbecues etc. can emit the deadly poison.
If you own a holiday home, caravan, mobile home, boat or tent, remember:
- Ensure appliances are installed, maintained and used correctly.
- Make sure there is adequate ventilation.
- Keep all vents and exhausts clear.
- Never bring barbecues under a cover or awning or inside a tent, even after they appear to have gone out.
- Install an audible carbon monoxide alarm.
For more information www.carbonmonoxide.ie